Sunday, June 13, 2010

How to: Make your hair longer

For the majority of this year I've been trying to go my hair longer and I have picked up a few tricks a long the way! I must say that I have had huge success and I'm quite happy with the results.

Shampoo/Conditioner:
To begin you really need a shampoo that gets rid of dandruff. Now, this isn't assuming that you have dandruff (believe me I don't) but the ingredients in this shampoo will give rid of any bacteria build up that you have in your hair. Bacteria collects at your scalp but by removing it (with the shampoo) this allows your scalp to breathe and your hair to grow longer. I use Head & Shoulders in ocean lift scent just because I feel that it smells less medical. When you shampoo your hair, really massage your scalp because this will work in the shampoo and open up the cuticles of your hair. When conditioning, use warm water to apply and allow it set in for a while. Then rinse your hair with cold water allowing the moisture to sink in, this will make your hair a lot shinier.

Brush:
When your hair is wet use a wide-toothed comb to go through it as this is less harsh then any other type of comb. I got mine at the dollar store, they're super cheap and easy to find. When dry, use a bristle brush this is super soft on your hair and doesn't cause breakage. The worst brush to use on your hair is a metal one as it's common for you rip out hair that is healthy and cause breakage.



Other Care:

Definitely use a heat protector on your hair if you are blow drying, curling or straightening your hair. This product really makes a difference and also keeps fly aways down.
I have also heard that it's better to get your hair trimmed every six weeks but I don't actually follow that just because I am student and that's a difficult thing to work into a budget.

Hopefully this one works for you too!

PLH,
kmatheson


No comments:

Post a Comment