Saturday, June 12, 2010

Go Green!

These past couple of days have been the worst for my nails, so this review may not be totally accurate and I will probably have to revisit this polish with a follow up review.
The polishes I used were China Glaze's "Paper Chasing" and Rimmel's 60 second polish in "530 Camouflage". Now I had to use the Rimmel polish as a base because the China Glaze one actually stained my nails yellow the very first time that I had used it :(. On top of staining my nails it made them super weak, now I don't think that this is a trend for China Glaze because I have another bottle in a bright purple and I haven't had any issues with it.
The application of both was fairly easily, I found that CG's polish was a little too thin for my liking so it requires about 3 coats to achieve the look that I wanted. But it has a really nice finishing shine to it which I really liked. This polish took a long time to dry (not the base coat) so again I had a couple marks on it. The polish chipped a lot actually and I had to touch up my nails twice in the span of about three days :(. Again my nails were super bad, so I'm not too sure if it was just a problem with my actual nails or it was the polish. I really do like this look because I feel it's unexpected, I always get so many comments like "ooo green nails, that's daring!" ahaha so I do enjoy doing a colour that's unexpected and would definitely recommend trying a green. Rimmel's polish is awesome on its own but that deserves its own review so I won't include much about it in this one. As far as the China Glaze goes I really like the colour and the finish but I hate that it stains my nails and chips so easily, I'm going to give it a 6/10 just because this time I was really unimpressed with it but I'm a sucker for the finished coat, even if it only stays whole for a day.

Sorry for my super short nail :( it was an accident and I know that's super unappealing but hopefully you get the look of the finished polish!

Are you going to try green?

This picture was taken after 3 days of wear with a couple of touch ups in between.

PLH,
kmatheson

No comments:

Post a Comment