Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nicole Richie's Wedding Dress

(Well one of them at least!)
In case you didn't know Nicole Richie married Joel Madden this past Saturday! I found this picture of her in one of her wedding dresses (there were three!)

This dress is designed by Marchesa and it is gorgeous! Marchesa has definitely been in the fashion news more and they showed an amazing collection for s/s 2011, they are a huge designer to look out for.

I really like this dress because it changed my mind about white lace. Lace I always find is tricky, only certain people can pull it off. Black lace to me, is sexy almost lingerie-ish so it's more a night time or going out look. White lace to me leans on Madonna 80s look, as if you only needed a string of pearls and some cut off gloves to be her. This dress though, just made me ooooh and awe. I love the lace and the long sleeves! A lot of wedding designers are leaning away from strapless dresses because they are bored of it (aka Vera Wang) with Kate Middleton's wedding, the predictions are that she would go for lace and long sleeve, so it's kinda cool to see that connection right here. The fullness of the bottom I find is on the right side of theatrical; that it works. This is really elegant dress it worked perfectly for her. Nicole Richie is increasingly becoming a style icon, I think this is just one more positive point to her. I love the hair and makeup too!

Anyways this blog was not super important, just wanted to share a gorgeous dress with you!

PLH,
kmatheson

No comments:

Post a Comment