Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cottage Country!


Product Information: Hat; topman.com, Sunglasses; amazon.com, Shirt; pacsun.com, Sunscreen; drugstore.com, Necklace; modcloth.com, Shorts; tillys.com, Bag; stylefile.com, Nail polish; americanapparel.net, Shoes; tobi.com.

For this look I tried to something a little less girly and a wee bit more rough, I figure the cottage isn't really a place where you can comfortably wear a frilly dress and romp about in the forest. I love this look, it reminds me of campfires, beaches, and Muskoka. One of my favourite pairings for Spring/Summer is long sleeves with shorts, I really like the imbalance of the silhouette. I chose the red striped shirt pairing with a dark wash jean so that it borders on the nautical theme without looking too cheesy. The slouchy hat I love so much, these are super easy to wear and very comfortable. Statement sunglasses I just can't live without, I can't wear sunglasses that are small, I think they look crazy lol most people would think the opposite. Sunscreen is always a must, I just put an SPF 15 up there because apparently there are some new discoveries that sunscreen may not be all too good for you, I think that 15 would be the safest route but definitely do your research and find out! The necklace adds some more flair to the otherwise bland shirt and adds some fancy factor to it. The shoes look so comfy! Love these, you could definitely get so much use out of these :). The overnight I really like, I'm a sucker for nike and this actually a gym bag that I have my eye out for that worked for this look. The nail polish was the best colours that matched that I could find on the site, I don't own any American Apparel polish but I do want to get some so that I can do a review on it! I have tried it and it seems okay, but on some reviews I have read they said that different colours apply differently so I'm going to have to try it for myself.

Are you heading out to the cottage soon?

PLH,
kmatheson

No comments:

Post a Comment